Asthma Diagnosis & Treatment for Dallas Residents
What is Asthma?
Asthma is a disease of the upper airways characterized by shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing, and coughing.
What Causes Asthma?
- It is triggered by allergies. Mast cells, which line the nose, throat and respiratory track, can release histamine. Histamine causes mucous membrane to secrete. The result is always hypersensitivity and constriction.
- Pollen, molds, dust, dust mites, animal dander, foods, and chemicals
- Dyes and preservative in foods
- Pesticides, perfumes, cigarette smoke, wood smoke, and chemicals in disinfectants, and laundry products
- A preservative in asthma medications and propellants in inhalers
What tests are used in defining my condition?
- Medical Environmental History and Physical
- Laboratory Analysis
- Pulmonary Function Test, Methacholine Challenge, and Exercise Challenge
- Skin Testing
- X-Rays or Themography of Sinus
Asthma is Reversible
Johnson Medical Associates uses natural alternatives to achieve treatment success.
- Environmental controls
- Nutritional supplements
- Dietary Manipulation
- Exercises to strength chest muscles
- Posturing to increase movement of mucous secretions
- Relaxation techniques
- Emotional and psychological support
- Peak flow monitoring
- Outdoor activities structured around peak pollen and mold time
- Asthma medications
- Follow-up with physician
Our goal is to minimize the effect of asthma while maximizing results for optimal living.
For the best asthma treatment, contact Johnson Medical Associates today by calling 972-479-0400.