How to Report Symptoms to Our Dallas Doctors
1. Always describe complaints:
- From the beginning (for self, those requiring help, or young patients)
- State just how they began
- Note any changes since that time
2. Mention all previous illnesses and give a complete history of your health i.e.:
- Skin diseases
- Children’s diseases
- After-effects of illness
- Fevers, colds, flu’s, sores, ulcers
- Severe Injuries:
- Their location and type
- What treatment was used?
3. Mention all medical treatments that have been used in the past.
- Please note the year or age
4. Describe all mental of “nervous” feelings and conditions, such as:
- Hurried Feeling
- Lack of interest
- Mental dullness
- Persistent thoughts
- Overly conscientious
- Hard to concentrate
- Are You Startled By: Noise? Being touched? From sleep? When falling asleep?
- Do you like or dislike business or work?
- Feel better or worse from mental work?
- Feel better from physical exertion?
- Is noise, the talk of others annoying?
- Is the crying of children annoying?
- Are you easily affected by bad news?
- Sensitive to offense or contradiction?
- How do you feel about the future?
- How affected by friends & relatives?
- Prefer company or feel better alone?
- Like or dislike a room full of people?
- Any recent or past emotional shocks, frights, or disappointments?
5. Describe your appetite.
- Small, large or changeable?
- Food & drinks you prefer, and make you feel better or worse afterward.
- Include salt, sweets, fats, sour, spicy, eggs, meat, vegetables etc.
- Drink a lot, little or not thirsty?
- Foods & drinks you dislike.
- Prefer hot, cold, or warm food & drink?
6. Do your symptoms remain the same? Change character or shift around?
7. Pain Description: *
|How does it feel?||Ache or pressure?|
|Is it constant?||Does it change?|
|Is it periodical?||Does it wander?|
|Go up or down?||Go out or across?|
|Go right to left?||Go left to right?|
|Slow/quick to heal||Quick/slow onset|
8. What Makes You Better or Worse?
|Day or night?||Sleep?||Seasons?|
8. How Do Weather Types Affect You?
|Cold and dry||Cold and humid|
|Hot and dry||Hot and humid|
|Cloudy||At the seashore|
|Low Altitude||High Altitude|
10. Sensations are important. Note:
|Type||Location||Time of day|
- What makes it better or worse?
- Tell all sensations however slight or peculiar e.g.: it feels “as if”.
11. Describe skin, scalp or nail problems
- Is area better or worse by scratching?
- Do heat, a warm bed or room, cold, wool, exercise, warm or cool water help?
- Do you have varicose, spider or large veins?
12. Describe all discharges:
|Small amount||Large amount||Color|
|Time of day||Becomes red||Odor|
|Color of stains||Becomes raw||Burns|
Notice what helps or worsens your symptoms.
13. Describe Urinary Symptoms of:
|Pain: after||Kidney pain|
|Pain: before||Pain: during|
|Urine sediment||Urine color|
|Urethra pain||Bladder pain|
|Lose urine||Slow stream|
|Prostatitis||Sugar in urine|
14. Describe Bowel Symptoms:
|Rectal spasms||No urge for BM|
|Stool recedes||Difficult stool|
|Diarrhea||Urge w/o results|
- Note anything unusual.
15. Female Symptoms:
|Age menses began||Regular cycle|
|Pain location & type:||Irregular cycle|
|Pain to back/groin/thigh?||Clotted?|
- Describe the type of pain (See No. 7*):
- What helps or makes the pain worse?
- Childbearing history: miscarriages, live births, C-sections, etc.
- Your health before, during and after menses?
- Is there sexual desire or aversion?
- Is intercourse normal, or painful?
- Vaginal discharge or eruption?
- Any itching, or burning or vaginal area?
16. Male Symptoms:
- Note any abnormality of Male Organs.
- Is there any pain, itching, burning, perspiration, or skin eruptions?
- Is intercourse satisfactory etc.?
- Are there nightly emissions?
- Is sexual desire/performance normal?
17. How Do You Feel From The Effects of:
- Hot, warm or cold temperatures?
- Hot, warm, or cold bathing?
- Does moving or lying down feel better?
- Are you better or worse from perspiring?
- Are you tired, weak or weary?
- How does exercise affect you?
18. Similia Similibus Currentur:
(Let Likes Be Cured By Likes) implies strict individualization.
- In other words, the curative remedy is the one that produced in healthy human beings, symptoms most similar to those, which distinguish the patient from all others suffering from the same ailment.
- They are the more striking, singular, uncommon, and peculiar symptoms—because they are more notable and remarkable; singular because they are unique, strange, unusual and therefore distinctive.
- These symptoms are characteristic and peculiar because they belong to an individual, and to the remedy that cures.
- They are uncommon because as they are seldom found in other individuals or in the pathogenesis of other remedies.
To report your symptoms and schedule an appointment for treatment, contact Johnson Medical Associates today by calling 972-479-0400.