Emily McMurtrey is an independent speech pathologist serving clients within Johnson Medical Associates. For more than 12 years, she has been working in a variety of settings, including hospitals, day neuro treatment programs and outpatient rehabilitation facilities, addressing neuro-based limitations such as speech, swallowing, language comprehension and verbal expression, attention, memory, reasoning and other higher level cognitive skills, with both adolescent and adult populations.
In 2015, she began a private speech-language pathology practice, continuing to serve adolescent and adult clients throughout the rehabilitative process. Whether you have swallowing issues, speech and/or language deficits resulting from stroke or brain injury, a learning disability such as ADHD, or are an otherwise healthy individual striving to reach your full academic or professional potential related to executive function skills, Emily can develop a highly individualized treatment program to meet your unique needs.
Emily holds her Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) and is a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist in the state of Texas. She is also a member of the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA). Recently, she became a Certified Brain Injury Specialist through the Brain Injury Association of America.
- B.S. Restaurant, Hotel & Institutional Management, Texas Tech University (1998)
- M.S. Communication Disorders, University of Texas at Dallas (2004)
- Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS)
- Interactive Metronome (IM) Provider
- AmpCare ESP Provider
- Deep Pharyngeal Neuromuscular Stimulation (DPNS)
- Speak Out! through the Parkinson Voice Project
Emily’s Areas of Expertise:
- Apraxia (acquired)
- Post TBI Rehabilitation
- Post-Concussion Syndrome
- Cognitive Communication Disorders
- Executive Function Training